They’re Chic, DIY and Oh So Easy
Practical wedding favors rank high on the list for wedding couples as they are getting wiser and wiser about priorities when planning their weddings! Today, we’re sharing 25 practical, sustainable, and most of all, beautiful favors that you can totally make yourself (and by that I mean assign your beau too). Our roundup includes mouthwatering, essential, and green wedding favors that I myself would love to keep (and eat). Let’s dive in!
Cacti in Mini Terracotta Pots
Ice Cream Cone Seedlings
Want an eco-friendly favor DIY that’s a quick project? These DIY ice cream cone seedlings will do the trick and rank high in the adorable category.
5. Tiny little bottles of Amaretto, with a small paper note and a short pencil attached for guests to write their favorite memory of them during the ceremony
Photo by Damien Milan from this urban Belgian wedding
Chic ornaments that look good year round
Project by Paper ‘n Stitch
Milk and Cookies
Photo Julia Franzosa
Clay Floral Frogs
These DIY floral frogs are super fun to make if your guests are floral fanatics; if not, create small trinket bowls using the same instructions!
Name-stamped Frosted Cookies
Photo by Closer to Love
Mini Champagne bottles
Via Stephanie White Travels
Via Something Turquoise
Hot chocolate sticks
Recipe and full DIY here
Mini flower bouquets
Via Homey Oh My
We’re pretty sure there are a lot more practical wedding favors out there but hopefully, you found this roundup helpful. and be sure to check out more on our Pinterest.
This is an updated version of our 25 chic wedding favors guests will love.
In sum, here are the top 5 categories of practical wedding favors to remember when searching for the perfect sendoff for your guests:
- edible favors: flavored popcorn, chocolate, handmade jam, truffles, cupcakes, pizza slice (yes! that midnight snack is always a crowd pleaser) are just some of practical edible favors you can choose
- drinks! water bottles, limoncello, mini champagne bottles, small bottles of tequila, tea, coffee, wine etc
- cooking spices and oils: olive oils, spice rubs, and herbs
- plants! mini potted plants are always a favorite among guests. Succulents and other small, easy to care plants are our go-tos
- something for the ride home or back to hotel room: flipflops, eye masks, hangover kits etc
- destination-related goodies: travel tote bags, custom sun hats, hand sanitizer, sunblock, sunglasses and other destination-specific related items that guests can use during their stay
- anything that can easily be recycled, so packaging is so important. We reccomend sticking with glass, paper and other materials that are easy to recycle to reduce your wedding carbon footprint
- soaps, lotions and other skin care products: hand lotion, lip balm, hand sanitizer like mentioned above, sunscreen are items everyone can always use
- don’t want to give anything? you don’t have to! wedding favors are a nice to have, but guests don’t always expect them.
If you want to treat your guests regardless, we have a massive library of DIY projects of wedding favors that you can tackle in an afternoon! Jump here for more wedding favor ideas that are practical and your guests will love, and are under budget to boot!
With so many options to choose from, start with your venue and location and see what is meaningful to you and that relates to where you’re getting married. Remember, you don’t have to have a lot of customization if the favors are easily relatable to where you’re getting married! In the end, go with what feels right to you and your soon to be spouse.