I can hardly contain my excitement over today’s DIY from Your Cloud Parade! It hits all the major points of our favorite DIY tutorials — easy, cost-efficient, and high-impact. You can paint these napkin rings, add some washi tape for a quicker design, or even etch your newlywed initials — the possibilities are endless.
For this project, you will need:
-pan and water to boil
-yarn that goes with your color scheme
-washi tape with pattern or color to match your color scheme
-large popsicle sticks
-craft paint (optional)
1. Bring the water in the pan to a boil.
2. Once boiling, add your popsicle sticks and boil for approximately 30 minutes. Tip: Add more than needed because some may end up breaking or splintering.
3. After 30 minutes bring the popsicle sticks out of the water (BE CAREFUL!). Once it has cooled down enough, bend the sticks into a horseshoe shape. Tip: They will put up a small fight, but a wee-bit of muscle will do the trick. If they break or splinter don’t fret, this is why we put extra in!
4. Put the horseshoe shaped popsicle sticks into a cup that will keep their shape, and let dry for 24 hours. Tip: We kept ours in the warmest area over night. If still slightly wet, try warming up in microwave; but only if slightly wet! If they are soaked still, they would need a lot of time in the microwave and you will end up burning them, the cup, and your hand… (we learned the hard way!)
5. Hole punch each end of the dried horseshoe popsicle stick.
6. If you want to add paint, now’s the time! Paint the whole popsicle stick (including the holes) and let dry. We didn’t use paint because our favorite washi tape took up the whole width of the popsicle stick!
7. Once dried, grab your rad washi tape and apply!
8. Bring your yarn through both holes, and tie together a cute bow. Now insert napkins and/or silverware and you are equipped to be a DIY decor super hero!
Check out a href=”https://www.yourcloudparade.com”>Your Cloud Parade to shop for all things weddings!