DIY Handwritten Plates
We’re still pretty taken with today’s Anne of Green Gables-inspired shoot from Megan Hayes and Tasteful Tatters, so we’re exponentially thrilled to bring you a DIY tutorial on the charger plates with script. We love Megan’s idea of using your wedding vows or the first dance song lyrics (or perhaps even the words from your proposal!) to decorate your reception plates.
For this project, you will need:
-Porcelaine paint fine tip marker (can be found at most craft stores)
-white charger plate
-wedding vows or first dance song lyrics
1. Lay a strip of painters tape near the top of your charger plate to make a straight line for penning your vows.
2. Press firmly on the tape to make sure it’s securely in place.
3. With your porcelain paint marker begin to pen the first line of vows onto your charger plate. If you make a mistake you can wipe with a damp cloth or scrape off with your fingernail. Just be sure to do it right away!
4. Move the tape down the plate to keep your lines straight and continue penning your vows until you reach the bottom of your plate.
5. To ensure your charger plate is dishwasher safe let it sit for 24 hours and then bake it according to the directions on the marker packaging.
Like !! Love it!
I’m so thrilled you love my idea Ruffled!! It’s an honor to grace your blog today – so much heart and soul went into this concept and I’m beyond grateful that you guys loved it too =)
Emilee – this is such a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing – we’ll be sure to pass it on!
What a unique and personal idea. Absolutely brilliant!
I absolutely love it and will be incorporating into my Christmas dinner with all my family from different states. How do you keep the writing on the plate once the writing is finished?