We have featured so many amazing weddings using streamers as their wedding decor ;ate;y, that we couldn’t help but notice how versatile they are. From casual handmade weddings to city chic soirées, they can be incorporated in virtually any wedding style, hence the mini series. Starting with a DIY wedding theme, here are few of our favorite vintage decor must-haves that can be perfectly matched with streamers:
1. Vintage cakestands. This vintage-inspired cakestand from My Sweet and Saucy Shop has the right amount of cute to make your wedding cake pop!
2. Tea-length wedding dresses alone make my heart go pitter-patter, and in blush pink? From Dolly Couture.
3. Crepe paper streamers for your ceremony backdrop. You can double it as a photobooth backdrop for your reception! The photo above is by W Scott Chester. You can view another great example of a streamer ceremony backdrop in this wedding we featured a few months ago. You can buy paper streamers in bulk here.
4. Vintage mismatched china. This wedding we featured back in 2009 had a unique place setting for each guest. You can scour flea markets and thrift stores, and we also often see brides selling the vintage china collections in our Recycle Your Wedding section, so be sure to keep your eye peeled for new listings.
5. Retro soda bottles as centerpieces. Brands like Faygo and Boylan have a vintage-inspired look and can be found at most supermarkets. You can view the rest of this wedding here.
6. Paper straws and lemonade, is there a better combo to beat the heat with such charm? Though vintage milk glass bottles are tough to find in large quantities, you can get the same look by getting Starbucks or Archer Farms (by Target) Frappucino bottles pronto 🙂 You can find paper straws in large quantities here.
Check back soon for our next installment!