We’re still reeling from the beauty of today’s styled shoot from Natalie Spencer and Darling & Daisy — and I’m sure you are too! Luckily for both of us, Natalie’s back to share how she made those fantastic Cupid wings. Not only are these perfect for a bit of dress-up, but they make an eye-catching backdrop for a dessert table!
For this project, you will need:
-white feathers (we used 10 bags for these large wings)
-gold spray paint
-hot glue gun & glue sticks
-2 pieces of foam board
1. Draw out the shape you would like the wings to be on one piece of the foam board.
2. Using the utility knife, cut along the line, place on the other piece of foam board and trace. Save the scraps for later.
3. Glue feathers in rows, starting at the bottom and overlapping slightly. Turn over and cover the other side with feathers as well.
4. Repeat step 3 on the second wing.
5. With the left over foam board, cut out a large rectangle and score down the middle, just enough to fold easily.
6. Cut elastics long enough to go around shoulders and hot glue to the rectangle piece of foam board near where you scored it.
7. Hot glue the piece of foam board with attached elastics to the wings.
8. Spray paint and you’re done!