Welcome Guest Bag Goodies
I think welcome bags are must haves for every wedding with out-of-town guests. Who doesn’t love to receive a token of appreciation after driving or flying for hours? What you include in their bags doesn’t need to be outrageously expensive either, just a few useful items go a long way. Carolynn from Two Brunettes created two easy templates: one for a quick emergency sewing kit and one for a treat favor bag.
You can find poly bags at any paper store (PaperMart also carries them). I cut a piece of cardstock and cut the edges with pinking shears and wrapped different color threads around each edge.
What to include in out-of-town guest bags (click to see what I included in the bag!)
10 items every OOT (out-of-town) bag should have:
1. A Thank You card.
2. A Welcome note.
3. Water bottle.
4. A map (they’re often free). Also, a card with directions from the hotel to the venue.
5. Mints, snacks and treats.
6. Decent coffee (or tea). The Starbucks Via coffee comes in small packets of 3 and there’s also a pack of 48 for $34.95 on their website.
7. Tickets to a museum, movie or play, and a subway pass is your wedding is in NY. You can also find tourist guides for free!
8. Sunscreen if you’re having a beach wedding.
9. A weekend timeline if OOT guests are invited to rehearsal dinner and other wedding events.
10. Advil or Tylenol.
Download food favor template and sewing kit in red.zip
Download food favor template and sewing kit in grey.zip
Download food favor template and sewing kit in pink.zip
Download food favor template and sewing kit in yellow.zip
Download food favor template and sewing kit in turquoise.zip
what a generous touch for your guests and so darn cute. love the fishy crackers.