The real question is: when isn’t a destination wedding in Cabo a good idea?! Destination wedding planner Couture Events is here to dish on her best tips to saying I Do in paradise. This sand-in-toes dream wedding with the most delicious flowers we ever did see by destination wedding florist Lola Del Campo – Florenta Floral Design and captured by photographer Jessica Rieke Photography.
Whether you are headed to Cabo or Lake Como, Couture Events has the top tips for how to plan your destination wedding:
Timeline of a Destination Wedding
1. Arrive Early- Give yourself time to settle in. This will also calm your nerves and help you feel more comfortable in this setting. You can welcome your guests as they come in and enjoy seeing each of them instead of arriving and feeling thrown into the experience.
2. Hire professionals you TRUST- hiring a professional planner who is able to communicate with the vendors and take care of every detail for you will transform your experience and save you unnecessary stress of trying to communicate with all of the vendors yourself.
(don’t rely on the on-site hotel panner, they are there for the hotel, not for you.)
Marriage License Requirements
3. Marriage License- you will need to get this before your trip. Do this in your hometown to avoid frustration and roadblocks when you arrive at your destination.
Getting Familiar with Your Destination
4. Visit in Advance- We highly suggest that you visit your destination before you get married there. This will avoid any unrealistic exceptions and also give you a better vision for your wedding day.
5. Embrace the Culture- If you are in Mexico or Italy for your wedding, we suggest you fully immerse yourself and your guests. Whatever that location is known for let that take priority. Give your guests a taste of the culture, this will also give you more options and better quality options when choosing caterers and can also ultimately help you save money.
Know Your Seasons and Weather
6. Timing is EVERYTHING- make sure you know what the weather will be like at that time. Weather is different in different parts of the world and while it may be beautiful where you are from in your destination it could be hurricane season. Make sure you check and have your professionals inform you on what it will be like at that time of year from their past experience.
Destination Wedding Vendor Team:
Photographer: Jessica Rieke Photography
Planner: Couture Events
Earrings: Kendra Scott
Ring: Shel Couture
Linens: La Tavola
Rentals: Del Cabo Rentals
Gowns: Hayley Page – JLM Couture
Camel: Cabo Adventures
Beauty: Dominica Beauty
Bespoke Event Stationery: Sweet Zion Paperie
Bouquet + Camel Florals: Jennifer Cole Florals
Tabletop Floral: Lola Del Campo – Florenta Floral Design