Anyone got engaged over the holidays? Whether you’re just jumping into wedding planning (congrats!), or if you’re in the thick of it, these off-the-beaten-path ideas might make you rethink the way you select details for your wedding day. These 9 non-traditional wedding ideas from past Big Fake Wedding Events to steal will prove that fresh spins on tried and true staples go a long way in making your wedding day a memorable one for your guests!
For anyone who is not familiar with this event, The Big Fake Wedding is a bridal show alternative in the form of a big, fake wedding. It’s not your typical way of wedding planning – shop for your vendors from a wedding crasher’s perspective (sounds way more fun, right?). Since they are the experts at taking a nontraditional approach, we’ve asked them to come up with a few alternative details you can work into your own wedding. Dear off-beat bride, this one is for you!
1. Bouquet Alternative: Bridesmaid Floral hoop (from San Antonio feature)
3. Wedding Dress Alternative: Jumpsuit (from NYC feature)
4. Bar alternative: Get Cozy Caravan (from Baltimore feature)
5. Seating Alternative: Floor table with pillows + ottomans (from Raleigh feature)
6. Wedding Cake alternative: Stacked Pie (from Big Fake Wedding Seattle)
7. Favor Alternative: Popsicles (from Dallas feature)
8. Guest Book Alternative: Fingerprint Guestbook (from Big Fake Wedding Seattle)
9. Photo Booth Alternative: Vintage Bus (from Big Fake Wedding Seattle)
Thank you to The Big Fake Wedding for sponsoring this post, and thank you for supporting our sponsors!