Ooh la la! I’m falling in love with these winter wedding groom looks from Stitch & Tie. While this online suit + tuxedo rental partner is a solid choice all-year round, the unique styles they serve seem particularly well-suited for winter. See what I did there? From full ensembles pre-curated by their stylists to à la carte jackets, trousers and accessories, there’s a reason Stitch & Tie is a menswear rental go-to for all big events in life.
So what distinguishes a winter wedding groom look from the other seasons after all? Glad you asked! The key is mixing textures, fabrics and patterns in more cold weather kinds of color palettes – think combinations of velvets, satins, matte, woven fabrics and rich colors of burgundy, forest green and slate blue (not to mention the ever-formal, ever-bold white).
If you’re loving these unique winter groom looks so far, we’ve got your back. Jumpstart your search for the perfect suit ensemble by considering these 50 (uh huh, FIFTY!) different combinations below:
1. Black Velvet Tuxedo with burgundy pants
2. Black Velvet Tuxedo with green accessories
3. Black Notch Lapel Tuxedo with velvet accessories
4. Black Notch Lapel Tuxedo with black patterned accessories
5. Black Diamond Tuxedo with black tie accessories
6. Black Paisley Tuxedo with velvet accessories
7. Black Paisley Tuxedo with green accessories
8. Black Paisley Tuxedo with burgundy pants or accessories
9. Black Shawl Tuxedo with black tie accessories
10. Black Shawl Tuxedo with velvet accessories
11. Black Framed Tuxedo with black shirt + accessories
12. Black Framed Tuxedo with velvet accessories
13. Black Scarlet Women’s Tuxedo
17. Light Grey Peak Lapel Suit with velvet accessories
18. Light Grey Peak Lapel Suit with black accessories
19. Asphalt Grey Suit with velvet accessories
20. Charcoal Shawl Lapel Tuxedo with black tie accessories
21. Grey with Black Framed Notch Lapel Suit with black accessories
22. Tan Suit with Burgundy accessories
23. Tan Suit with green accessories
24. Tan Suit with velvet accessories
25. Cafe Brown Suit with blue pants
26. Cafe Brown Suit with neutral accessories
27. Cafe Brown Suit with velvet accessories
28. Caramel Suit with neutral accessories
29. Caramel Suit with black pants and accessories
30. Gold Velvet Tuxedo with black accessories
31. Burgundy Velvet Tuxedo with black accessories
32. Burgundy Shawl Lapel Tuxedo with black tie accessories
33. Burgundy Shawl Lapel Tuxedo with a black shirt + velvet accessories
34. Red Peak Lapel Tuxedo
Blues + Greens:
35. Teal Peak Tuxedo with black patterned accessories
36. Teal Peak Tuxedo with velvet accessories
37. Light Blue Suit with Velvet accessories
38. Light Blue Suit with gold accessories
39. Light Blue Suit with black pants
40. Dark Blue Suit with Velvet accessories
41. Navy Notch Lapel Suit with velvet accessories
42. Navy Shawl Lapel Tuxedo with black tie accessories
43. Navy Shawl Lapel Tuxedo with velvet accessories
44. Navy Shawl Lapel Tuxedo with black shirt and accessories
45. Royal Navy Velvet Tuxedo with black shirt and accessories
46. Royal Navy Velvet Tuxedo with black accessories
47. Slate Blue Notch Lapel Suit with velvet accessories
48. Slate Blue Notch Lapel Suit with burgundy accessories
49. Dark Green Suit with burgundy accessories
50. Dark Green Suit with velvet accessories
So now that we’ve given you the Holy Grail of potential winter wedding groom looks… how do you begin to narrow down?
Consider the Weather
Winter might feel different depending on where you’re getting married (and if your festivities are happening indoors or outdoors). In Florida, you probably don’t need to bundle up in layers with a three-piece wool suit, but in New York, a luxurious velvet fabric might just become your new BFF. No one wants to be shivering through their vows!
Consider the Wedding Mood
Not just in the sense of formality – though that’s important to consider too! Close your eyes and imagine yourself on the day. Will you be busting some major moves on the dance floor? You’ll want to choose a versatile fabric like wool – something that’s comfortable, durable and water resistant too. On the other hand, if your reception is more of a classic, multi-course dinner sans dancing, you might consider something structured or heavier, like tweed.
Consider Your Budget
It’s a good idea to approach your wedding day attire with a general budget in mind, understanding that you may pay a little more for select styles. That being said, be conscious that your suit is going to appear in pretty much all of your wedding photos, so it’s not a budget line item we’d recommend skimping on. Your photos from the day will be something you treasure and look back on with fondness years down the road, so even if you’re the type that doesn’t love attention, make this moment count!
Are you picking up what we’re putting down? The beauty of an online suit + tuxedo rental source is that they can deliver virtually anywhere! So even if you’re having a destination wedding and spending some time in the location beforehand, you can have all the pieces shipped straight to where you’re staying, eliminating the need to travel with formalwear. This typically happens about 1 week before the event. You may also get your suit or tuxedo delivered to your home up to 2 weeks ahead of time to give you plenty of time to try on as well. Plus, Stitch & Tie goes the extra mile by tailoring each suit to your exact measurements. Praise be for peace of mind!
Of course, if you’re based in Southern California or Nevada, they have 30+ brick and mortar locations you can slide right into. Check for regular updates surrounding their store modifications due to Covid-19 here!
Regardless of where you’re based, you can connect with them today to schedule a Free Virtual Style Session, where you can meet remotely with one of their expert stylists from the comfort and convenience of your home. Oh and here’s a little something for Ruffled readers – enjoy a 15% off discount with code ST1521 (expires 7.1.21) on stitchandtie.com. ‘Til then, peruse the rest of their suit and tuxedo options here and get your winter wedding look inspiration on!
This post was sponsored by Stitch & Tie. All opinions are our own. Thanks for supporting our sponsors!