Featuring a fresh take on a sherbert and lime color palette, this Texas villa wedding inspiration balances delicate lucite and glass textures with velvet and glazed ceramic in a way that simultaneously answers our prayers for modern whimsy and understated elegance. Hawthorne and Poppy Events can be thanked for that! Their design direction tells a cohesive narrative of this fun-loving couple’s story from start to finish. Enlisting the talents of Remi + Gold was another “next level” design decision, and well, I’ll just be honest with you…. we’re drooling over these lush blooms! Paige Vaughn Photo captured all the beauty for us to enjoy together below, and we cannot wait to have another witness to this Texas villa wedding magic. Let’s dive in!
From the Photographer, Paige Vaughn Photo: With the future of international travel as uncertain as ever, more and more U.S. couples are moving their destination wedding celebrations stateside — but that doesn’t mean they have to lose their global inspiration when hosting their wedding at home. We conceptualized a trend-setting Tuscan wedding in the heart of Texas Hill Country, just 30 minutes outside of Austin.
We combined a Mediterranean vibe with a more trendy color palette and details — something we see modern couples opting for as they strive to make their celebrations as unique, but timeless as possible.
With the help of an incredible florist, we also worked hard to showcase FIVE different ways to utilize the same set of florals – perfect for couples looking to be more sustainable financially and environmentally. You’ll see:
1) A lush asymmetrical ceremony backdrop
2) Two different statement portrait moments for the couple
3) An elevated dessert vignette
4) Venues existing features being accentuated (like fountains, staircase, archways, etc.)
5) Up-leveling the reception tables with head table end caps — allllll from the same ceremony florals.
Other fun details:
– The models are an ACTUAL engaged, diverse couple getting married this year, making the chemistry in the photos authentic, even though the shoot is inspiration-based.
– The bride also featured a detachable skirt from her dress as you’ll see in the transition from the ceremony to the Rolls Royce- another emerging trend we’re starting to see from couples who want to be able to move and have fun at their receptions.
– The shoot featured a custom hand-painted champagne bottle + a Vogue-inspired live event painter, mimicking the en plein air artists in Europe.
If you didn’t believe in magic before, we’re confident you do now. This Texas villa wedding inspo is absolutely full of it! For more European venue vibes this side of the Atlantic, you might want to peruse this plum and aubergine elopement inspo next.
Venue: Villa Antonia
Planner: Hawthorne and Poppy Events
Photo: Paige Vaughn Photo
Florals: Remi + Gold
Tabletop Rentals: Premiere Events
Real Couple: Trae Johnson, Shelbi Talavera
HMUA: Luna Beauty & Bridal
Stationery: Fine Day Press
Vintage rentals: Loot Rentals
Cake: Polka Dots Bakery
Brigadeiros: Bonjour Bridageiro
On-Site Fashion Sketching: Vogue Vignette
Vintage car: 4 Leaf Limo
Men’s suit: The Black Tux
Champagne Bottle: Pens & Needles Co.
Earrings: Romy Studio
Shoes: Christian Louboutin