A Floral Embroidered Wedding Dress Has Entered The Chat
Is it just our rose-colored glasses or is this floral embroidered wedding dress that so effortlessly complements the pink patina facade of Fairmont Grand del Mar the crème de la crème of modern bridal fashion? Hidden behind spellbound accessories or not, we can’t possibly hide our moon eyes over these sweet Pacific Coast nuptials replete with heirloom details, wildflower blooms and pattern-forward design moments. Leading the show was Sisti & Co. – San Diego based planner-florist extraordinaire whose knack for weaving together the past and present in a remarkably compelling way is evidenced so clearly in Matt + Kat’s wedding story, unfurled in the images from Cavin Elizabeth Photography below. Cavin herself was married at this same venue, and the connection she has with the couple and setting feels ever-palpable in the exquisitely composed visual narrative we are honored to share with you today. Shall we?
- The bride wore a colorful dress from Costarellos then she changed into an ivory Needle and Thread dress for the reception – she had two different hair combs for each look
- It was Bridgerton inspired and she had a few quotes printed around the cocktail hour space from the show/book. The color palette/fonts felt very much of the Bridgerton era.
- Mix-match bridesmaid dresses
- The bride’s christening bonnet was brought to the wedding as her something old.
- During the ceremony, the couple was crowned with her grandparents’ wax blossom stefana crowns.
- The couple used the bride’s grandparents’ wedding cake topper.
- The couple drank from the bride’s parents’ champagne coupes.
- The bride carried her grandma’s pink vintage Bergdorf bag.
I’m not usually one for reboots, but I’ll be first to admit that I wouldn’t mind seeing this stylish couple’s vow renewal every five years for the foreseeable future. ‘Til then, Kat’s embroidered floral wedding dress will have us frolicking down memory lane…. if not for the modern romantic embellishments, then certainly for the magic ingredient of color! From the foraged wildflower table accents to the mismatched bridesmaid dresses to the heirloom details, Matt and Kat’s wedding has us in a major swoon state (with no intention to leave anytime soon).
Photography: Cavin Elizabeth Photography
Planning, Design & Florals: Sisti & Co.
Venue: Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Ceremony Dress: Costarellos
Ceremony Cape: Custom from Etsy
Reception Dress: Needle & Thread
Makeup: Elizabeth Root
Hair: Xo Beauty Co
Videography: Ryan Films
Stationery: Ciarra Claire
Cake: Jenny Wenny Cakes
Rentals: Adore Folklore
Tabletop: Catalog Atelier
Band/DJ: Viva Band