DIY Wedding Favor Tote Bags
My favorite thing about the approach of spring and summer? The return of the farmer’s market, with all of its fresh fruit, vegetables, and flower vendors. When we received this DIY Contest Entry from Melanie Blodgett of You Are My Fave, our hearts immediately fluttered. We love the idea of grabbing all of our favorite vegetables, warm cookies, and crisp baguettes to take home in this most adorable (and reusable!) tote bag!
– 1/2 yard of canvas fabric (I actually used a dish towel from Crate and Barrel)
– sewing machine
– 1 inch cotton webbing (for the handles)
– fillers for the totes: bread, fresh produce, flowers, cookies, pies
1. Cut two pieces of fabric at about 15″ tall and 14″ wide. Fold down the top edge 1/2″ and pin. Stitch across to secure.
2. Cut the cotton webbing into 21 inch long pieces.
3. Pin both ends of the cotton webbing to the back side of the fabric piece, along the folded down edge, about 3 inches from each side. Stitch to secure. Do this for both pieces of cotton webbing onto both pieces of fabric.
4. Pin the panels right sides together and sew around the edges and bottom.
5. Turn right side out and you’re done!
Hang totes near the fillers for an easy grab and stuff for your guests!
I love this idea! So fresh and local. And it has made me want to try and make my own tote bags now.
What a fantastic idea! I love the fabric selected for the totes featured!
Love this idea! So easy to do!
Love the fabric… it’s perfect!
Reason #1025 why I need to learn to sew.
fun idea! i can’t wait til strawberries look like that again so i can start making more jam! 🙂
Love this idea TFS!
This is the best idea! Love it xo
Really cute idea! I’d be totally excited to get to take home one of those 🙂
I love totes! This is a great idea!
I love this idea, my girlfriend and I favored and wrote it down in our journal for when our wedding comes. Thank you!
What a fabulous idea, green and supporting the local community. Love the fresh colours of the food and packaging so inviting I would really like to take home one of these.
What a great idea-love the bags…and those strawberries look soooo good!
Grat idea – nice fresh colours.. lovin the strawberries 🙂
What a great way to incorporate fresh produce into the wedding! I love the idea of helping local farmers, too!