DIY Tassel Tote + Last Day to Enter Share a Coke Giveaway!
This DIY tassel tote project is a total summer in a bag, perfectly packaged for your bridesmaids. Picking inspiration from a classic summer staple such as those cute little ShareaCoke.com bottles, our Kathryn Godwin of Studio Cultivate whipped up this bridesmaid gift tote in a jiffy and so can you. You can now order Coke bottles online customized with any name on them, and for orders of 12 bottles or more shipping is free! Thank you Blue Kite Photo for the images.
To celebrate the new feature, ShareaCoke.com is offering a ginormous giveaway that makes us jealous of our readers – the giveaway package includes two round-trip flights on United Airlines to anywhere in the continental U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America or Hawaii PLUS a $500 Visa gift card, a total of a $1700 value. Do I even need to convince you why you should enter (or enter again)? Didn’t think so 🙂
Today is the last day to enter, so read on for instructions on how to enter at the bottom of this post!
For this project, you’ll need:
- – straw bag
- – scissors
- – yarn or embroidery floss, we worked with 4 colors (3 for tassels, and one for the detail wrapped around tassels)
- – any goodies you want to gift your bridesmaids
1. To create the tassels, wrap yarn around hand 15-20 times.
2. Remove loops of yarn from hand, and pull 6″ string through the loops and double knot.
3. Cut loops apart opposite side of knot.
4. Wrap a contrasting yarn color around 3 times to create a tassel head, knot and trim to create an even tassel.
5. Pull the string attached to the top of the tassel through the weave of the straw bag, one on each side of a vertical piece.
6. Double knot string on the inside of bag.
8. Fill with goodies for a beach weekend for your girls, or as a welcome bag for your wedding week! Add tassels to goodies to tie items in with the bag.
To enter #ShareaCoke giveaway for a chance to win, here’s what you need to do:
- – Follow @ruffledblog on Instagram and tag a friend who you’d share the prizes with – two round trip flights to anywhere in the continental U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America or Hawaii plus a $500 Visa gift card! Follow this link to comment + tag a friend.
- – Use #ShareaCoke in your tags
- If you’re already following us, you can just tag new friends you haven’t yet
- – Participants can tag as many different friends as they’d like to increase chances of winning
Winner will be chosen at random and announced on our Instagram page under this post TOMORROW August 11, 2015. Good luck, guys!
This is @rachelcartucci and I think I won your contest. Please respond because I am totally freaking excited….YAY!!!!!!! I emailed and sent an instagram message……thanks.
I am basically fulfilled by your awesome work.You put really to a great degree strong information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Wanting to examining your next post Best wedding gown designer in the world
This is stunning! I am passed up the nature of this stunning article. I’ve perused a considerable measure of articles, however this is one of the best ones that I’ve perused. Keep on providing more articles this way. beautiful in spanish
On the other hand u can do a false complete in one of the hues.. wiping ON and OFF… raggin either ON or OFF, crosswise brush strokes in 1 or 2 hues… Stenciling in something that u appreciate.. blooms… takes off… jewels… butterflies… dragonfiles..
Tete a tete sofa
which really is a immature share of the problems many people unrecorded with sect now, but but making improved lives for group that is direction on feat them much , keeping them punter aid and making certain their kids get enlightened. Website translation company