DIY Shag Backdrop
This one, guys. This DIY is it. It’s one of those DIY projects that we feel like hoarding forever because it’s SO good. This DIY shag backdrop is the queen of all of your fringe needs. Kathryn Godwin of Studio Cultivate is teaching us how to create this colorful statement piece, which can be customized in an endless array of patterns and colors to fit your wedding or party. Or home, because I’m totally making this as curtains for my home office.
Material list in the image below, just click over to take you directly to the source: :[image_mapper id=”4″]
-plastic/polyresin perimeter fence (we used a 36in by 15 ft roll)
1. Unroll the plastic perimeter fencing and cut in half to get two 7.5 ft lengths.
2. Lay these two pieces side by side and attach with zipties.
3. Plot out the design you wish to create with this project and use masking tape to block out the shapes.
4. Cut strips of flagging tape about 18″ long, allowing variation creates a softer and more playful appearance to the shag.
5. Fold a strip of flagging tape in half and guide loop in one grid and out the other.
6. Pull ends of flagging tape through the loop and pull tight, proceed across the row and continue to cover the full piece.
Use this as a ceremony backdrop, Photo Booth or dance floor decor!
Oh my gosh so bright I love it!!!!!!!
Rly want to diy this for my colorful summer wedding, but worried it’ll take me months to finish! If anyone has tried this, yet advice or thoughts?