We’ve grown a wee bit obsessed with the floral arch seen in today’s styled shoot, so we’re ecstatic to share just how it was made! Sweet Sunday Events and EE Photography were kind enough to provide us with a step-by-step tutorial on how to make the coffee filter and tissue paper flowers, so read on to find out more!
For this project, you will need:
-tissue paper (cut in approximately 5×5 squares)
1. Fold three coffee filters in half to make a crease down the center.
2. Create a ball of tissue paper out of one of the tissue sheets.
3. Take the same color and cover the ball. Twist the bottom to look like a lollipop.
4. Staple the “stick end” of the lollipop to the creased, center of the coffee filter.
5. After stapling the center, carefully lift each layer one by one.
6. Then flip the flower and staple the back of the flower together.
Viola! A paper flower!
To create the floral arch, simply use a hot glue gun to adhere the flowers to each other in your desired shape. Feel free to intersperse paper cupcake liners as well — straight out of their containers — for some added texture. You can also dye the paper flowers to break up the whiteness. Once your arch is fully shaped, use heavy duty fishing line to hang from the ceiling or from screws.
Shoot Location: Austin, TX / Photographer: EE Photography / Floral Design, Styling, and Rentals: Sweet Sunday Events / Shoot Venue: The Union on Eighth / Models: Zephyr Talent / Hair and Makeup: Summer Edwards / Wedding Cake: Paige’s Bakehouse / Paper Goods: The Stationery Bakery