DIY Pallet Vertical Garden
We’re tickled pink to bring you a DIY tutorial on that very incredible pallet living wall seating chart from today’s styled shoot. You can palettes for free at warehouses, and this vertical garden wall would make for a great ceremony backdrop as well. Ivory + Beau and Izzy Hudgins Photography blew us away with this one, so we’re excited to know the exact details behind the gorgeous setup!
DIY Living Wall
For this project, you will need:
-Variety of smaller plants (minimum of 25) if doing every other (about 5 plants in each side of the row)
1. The first step is to create backing for each row that will be attached to the palette. We used landscaping fabric so that the palette wall can be re-used and the plants can be watered even after using it. You will want to cut out pouches for each row that are a little higher so that you can fill up with enough dirt. For each side staple down the fabric and make sure secure enough so that it will hold the dirt in without it spilling out.
2. Repeat for every row you want to do.
3. After your pouches are complete we set out the plants the way we wanted them in each row.
4. One by one put the plants with the dirt into the pouch and add in dirt to bring up the plants and fill it out.
5. Complete each row and then you are all done!
View the whole inspiration shoot
Shoot Location: Savannah, GA / Photographer: Izzy Hudgins Photography / Event Design, Styling, Stationery Design, and Wedding Dresses: Ivory + Beau / Flowers: Colonial House of Flowers / Venue: Coastal Botanical Gardens / First Wedding Dress: Alvina Valenta / Second Wedding Dress: Top by Rebecca Schoneveld, Skirt by Love Found True / Groom’s Bow Tie, First Bridal Sash, Necklace: Leslie Miller Design / Model: Leslie Miller / Test Tube Chandelier: Grace Graffiti / Tableware and Cake Table Stands: World Market
I love these, it is such an easy DIY to add color to your wedding or even backyard. You can get little buckets, too, that hang off of it if you want to put food, or other decor, in them.
Nice wedding ideas i liked this concept.
I Love this…..as I find free pallets out for the garbage all the time. I am going to make this for my yard. I think I will paint the pallet . This is also a beautiful place for my herb garden. Thank You So Much for this garden project…. and Congratulations on your Wedding !!! God Bless You !!! Sincerely, Sharon McDonald