For anyone who might be looking to add some extra pops of color to your tablescape, we’ve got the perfect DIY for you! We’ve partnered up with Testors to bring you these super cute DIY painted knot place cards, which you can paint in your own perfect color palette to fit in seamlessly to your decor.
For this project, you will need:
- 1/2″ cotton rope
- cotton twine
- paint brushes
- Testors enamel paints
1. Start with a length of rope, wrap three times over left hand.
2. On the third pull up from beneath your hand, wrap behind the vertical pieces, horizontally three times.
3. Once having wrapped three times horizontally around, loop through the vertical ends around the horizontal pieces three times. Knot the end and tuck into the center of the loops.
4. Begin to work backwards to tighten the knot, one wrapped loop at a time.
5. Once back to the beginning strand, trim and create a little loop. Tie off with the cotton twine to hold in place.
6. After following Testors’ instructions for mixing the paint, use a small craft paintbrush to apply to the knot. Focus colors on three parallel strands at a time to maintain a clean, modern look.
7. Allow each color layer to dry before adding the next color. Layer on bright pops of colors for a fun, modern take on a traditional nautical knot.
Project styled by Kathryn Godwin of Studio Cultivate.
Thank you to Testors for sponsoring this post, and thank you for supporting our sponsors!