With less than a week left to enter our DIY Contest, we thought we would share one more bit of crafty inspiration. To get your creative juices flowing for our DIY Contest, Olivia of A Field Journal, who is also one of our judges for the contest, stopped by today to share this project created exclusively for us. She created the most adorable mini cake toppers!
What you’ll need:
– For the cake:
– Card stock paper
– White craft glue (such as Aleene’s Tacky Glue)
– Decorations such as millinery flowers, beaded trim, narrow ribbon, beads, patterned paper, glitter
– For cake stands:
– Wooden circles
– Mini wooden candle sticks
(both available in the woodcraft section of stores like Michaels)
For the cake:
1. To make a tiered cake, draw circles of graduated sizes on card stock and cut out (one circle for each layer). Cut rectangular strips of card stock long enough to form the sides of each cake layer.
2. Using white craft glue, adhere rectangular strips to circles. Let dry, then stack each layer as shown and secure with glue.
3. Decorate by covering the surface of the cake with glitter or by adding decorative trims around each layer such as ribbon, beaded trim or flowers.
For the stand:
1. Glue wooden circle to candlestick base with white craft glue and let dry.
2. Paint with desired color with non-toxic paint.
This time around we’re selecting three winners and the prizes are nothing short of amazing! Remember first place will receive $500 , second place will receive a $300 gift card to ModCloth and third place will receive a Silhouette Machine, a $299 value, so there’s a lot at stake and chances to win one of the great prizes are higher. You can submit any DIY project that can be used for weddings. Just click below to enter and don’t forget to send us at least 4 images of your projects (in-progress and final result photos, and images need to be at least 600 pixels wide). I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Last day to enter is October 3rd!