Gold leaf has to be one of my favorite DIY goodies – within seconds it can jazz up even the simplest items, turning them into glitzy accents or show-stopping pieces. Such is the case with these gold leaf branch centerpieces, which can also be turned into place card holders. Thanks to Kathryn Godwin of Studio Cultivate for sharing the tips and tricks!
For this project, you will need:
-3/4″ boring bit
1. Cut branch to flat ends so it will stand straight; use a handsaw or miter saw.
2. Use boring bit to drill about 1/2 – 3/4″ deep into center of branch.
3. Apply spray adhesive to areas of branch.
4. Gently lay gold leaf to spray adhesive sections.
5. Rub smooth with tissue paper in gold leaf packet.
6. Guide candle into drilled hole, it may take some forcing, but make sure it stands straight.
7. For place card holders, clamp a 3″ tall piece to a steady surface.
8. Use handsaw to cut a little slice across the branch top.
9. Place card will slide right into the slice.