DIY Chalkboard Sign Ideas
The ladies of HEYLOOK are back with a simple + cost effective DIY for a seating chart that later at your reception can double as photobooth prop! I thought it was a perfect project to share today as this wedding shot by Shari + Mike Photographers has a brilliant seating chart idea. Below we’ll be using chalk paint and mini envelopes, but you can use a deck of cards instead like they did. Paint chips would pop against the dark frame as well.
You can use a chalkboard in many, many different ways – and bring it home with you after the wedding. Here, Michaela is going to show you how you can use this project in three different ways.
What you will need:
– pin board (they used this one from Ikea for $6) or old frame found at thrift stores
– chalkboard paint, brush, and masking tape
– envelopes + cards or a deck of cards like from today’s wedding
– pins and chalk
1. The board being used as a seating chart:
2. Here Michaela is using the same board as a guest book idea. Use one board to explain guests how it works, and a few more for them to pin envelopes with their well wishes:
3. Michaela then covered the frame with neon pink masking tape (found at any home improvement stores) and is modeling here using the board as a photobooth prop. How cute is Lotta on the photo?
View step-by-step photos
Simply paint over the cork board, just enough to cover the spots from the cork texture. Painting cork with chalkboard paint is what is going to give you the flexibility to both write directly on the board + pin cards!
That’s Lotta on the picture. I’m the one holding the camera 😉
such cute ideas! loving it!
Love it! Great ideas.
So super ideas!! I love the first one!!It’s so special and unique and so fun!!
Love the playing cards idea, never seen that done before. Probably quite an unusual wedding theme but maybe chips could be used somewhere in the theme 🙂
The seating chart is gorgeous. If you have a favorite frame, a piece of foamboard can be painted and used in the same way. I love handmade weddings.
Awesome! I love how the chalk board can be reused in so many ways. Thanks for sharing and you definitely got my wheels turning!
That seating chart is really cool! I love that you can keep it and use it to decorate your house afterwards, really clever.