Contest Terms and Policies
1. EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO ENTER. BRIDES, ETSY SELLERS, FLORISTS, PLANNERS, AND EVERYONE WITH A CREATIVE IDEA AROUND THE WORLD.
2. Eligibility. The Ruffled DIY Contest is only open to participants who are 21 years or older as of the beginning of the Contest Period. Participants can submit as many DIY projects as they would like as well as from anywhere around the globe. Multiple entries increase a participant’s chances of being selected, but does not guarantee that all entries will be chosen.
3. How to Enter. To enter our DIY Contest, please refer to our latest contest here: https://ruffledblog.com/category/diy-projects/. To submit a project, please fill out this form https://ruffledblog.com/submissions/diy-contest with up to 10 images that are each at least 600 pixels wide in jpg format, list of supplies with links to where you found them and step by step instructions written in the 3rd person. Entries must be received by the End Time on the last date of the contest deadline. Ruffled is not responsible for any misdirected, lost, late, inaccurate or incomplete entries, and such entries will be void. All entries and other materials submitted by Entrants in connection with this Contest become the property of Ruffled and will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Ruffled. Any mention to any of the selected projects shall have a permalink pointing to its respective post on Ruffled’s webpage.
4. Prize. Ruffled will award the first place winner with $500 which will be paid via Paypal. Second and third prizes will vary, please refer to the latest Contest for more information. In the occasion of gift certificate prizes, these certificates will have no cash value and are not transferable. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s) or if for some reason they are unable to claim their prize, then they will forfeit their winnings to the next qualifying participant.
5. Drawing and Odds of Winning. Ruffled will choose a panel of experts to choose finalists from the pool of published submissions. The selection process is based on current trends, creativity, budget, originality and level of difficulty. The pre-selected entries will be published on the site where after the presentation of all entries is done, a voting announcement will be published for the finalists. Voting will then be open to everyone, and you will be able to vote for your favorite entry. Only one vote per person, per IP address will be allowed. Multiple votes from the same IP address will be discarded. The entry with the highest number of votes will be named the winner. In the event of a tie, a randomly selected judges from 3rd Party Sites will choose the winner. There will be occasions where the voting process may slightly change, such as adding a judging panel to nominate another winner, please refer to the latest DIY Contest for more info.
6. Prize Winner. Each potential Prize winner and his/her entry shall be subject to verification and the requirements of these Official Rules. Payment of all taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of each Prize winner. By entering this Contest, unless prohibited by law, each Entrant grants Ruffled the right to use, display, distribute or publish such Participant’s submission, likeness, photographs, and any material based thereon or derived there from, and for purposes of advertising or trade in promoting or publicizing Ruffled, its products and/or services, without compensation. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes a waiver of any claims to compensation, royalties, or other remuneration for such use.
7. Limitation of Liability. Each Entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Ruffled, those working on its behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to any Entrant’s participation in this Contest or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. This Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, regardless of principles of conflicts of laws that may require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in New York, New York, and each Entrant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Each Entrant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of New York. Any claims, judgments and/or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs associated with entering this contest. Entrant hereby waives any rights or claims to attorney’s fees, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages of entrant, whether foreseeable or not and whether based on negligence or otherwise.
8. General Conditions. This Contest is subject to all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Ruffled, and to accept delivery of the Prize based upon availability. In addition, each Entrant represents and warrants that all information contained in his/her entry is true and accurate. Ruffled is not responsible for injury or damage to Entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. In the event this Contest is compromised for any reason (including computer virus, tampering, bugs, computer malfunction, fraud, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond the control of Ruffled) which, in the sole opinion of Ruffled, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest, Ruffled reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate this Contest. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way in Ruffled’s sole discretion shall be disqualified. This Contest is void where prohibited.
9. ModCloth contest entrants are not eligible to win a prize in a contest or promotion if they have won a prize in another ModCloth contest or promotion (including ModCloth-sponsored blog giveaways) within 30 days prior to its start date. However, if entrants have won a ModCloth contest, game, or promotion but were not awarded a prize, they retain eligibility to enter and win subsequent contests and promotions.
See general contest policies