Boho Bride Hair and Makeup Tutorial
We always love getting some expert beauty advice from the pros, so when we heard Alex Evans Makeup Artist and Heritage Salon wanted to share some tips, we couldn’t resist! This duo is here to show us how to create a breezy bohemian look, perfect for your wedding day or even just a night on the town. Thanks to Alexandra Wallace for capturing it all!
This photo set begins with a makeup tutorial by Alex Evans Makeup Artist on how to get that perfect boho glow for a summer wedding, your rehearsal dinner, or even just a fun night out! Then, hair by Heritage Salon gives step-by-step instructions on how to get the ultimate ponytail to finish off the whole look!
1. First, we begin with the eyes! Start by applying an eyeshadow primer; my personal favorite is NYX’s primer, and it can be found in drugstores!
2. I applied a gold eyeshadow all-over the lid; I used Woodwinked by MAC.
3. Apply a soft brown matte eyeshadow in the crease with a fluffy blending brush.
4. Use a dark brown eyeshadow in the outer corner of your eyes; I used Swiss Chocolate by MAC.
5. Black liner then goes on the top and bottom lids of your eyes. I used Rimmel’s waterproof liner – I can’t emphasize enough that you can’t underestimate drugstore makeup!
6. With a smudgy brush, blend the black liner to soften the line.
7. With the same brush, smudge a little of the dark brown eyeshadow on top of the black eyeliner.
8. It’s time for mascara!
9. Get your brows in line with a good pomade – for this look, I used Salon Perfect’s Light Brown Brow Pomade.
10. Apply bronzer in a “c” formation from your cheekbone and up to your temple to add warmth all over your face.
11. Add blush on top – I used Peaches by MAC to get a romantic pink!
12. To get a little extra glow, add a highlighter! Sun Rush Lustre Drops by MAC do just the trick!
13. For lip color, I chose a neutral pink, and added a gloss on top! White Russian by Buxom is a favorite gloss!
1. Curl your hair with a one-inch iron.
2. Braid a two-inch section behind the ear, and tie with an elastic.
3. Gather your hair at the nape of your neck, including the braid, and tie into a ponytail with an elastic.
4. Pull out hair for texture!
5. Take a one-inch section of the ponytail, and wrap around the ponytail elastic to conceal it! Secure this piece with a bobby pin.
6. Spray-in your favorite product for texture! I used Hair Refresher by Davines.