Whiskey Bean Cocktail Recipe
I don’t know about you, but I certainly have my afternoon mapped out after taking a peek at this DIY Whiskey Bean Cocktail put together by Shindig Fancy and Lavender & Twine for today’s styled shoot. Brown sugar, chocolate mint, cream soda, vanilla bean, and some good ol’ whiskey – pure deliciousness in a glass. Let’s get started!
For this recipe, you will need:
-1/2 lime, quartered
-1 teaspoon brown sugar
-4-5 leaves of chocolate mint
-1.5 ounce whiskey or bourbon (we used Maker’s Mark)
-3 ounces Cream Soda
-3 ounces Institution Ale’s Restraint Maple Aged Brown Ale (or something similar)
-1/2 lime (to rim the glass)
-1/4 cup raw sugar (to rim the glass)
-1 sprig of fresh mint
-1 Vanilla Bean (optional)
1. Cut a wedge out of a lime and run it around the rim of a glass. Roll glass rim in sugar in the raw.
2. Add lime, brown sugar, and chocolate mint, and muddle.
3. Add ice cubes (mint ice cubes shown).
4. Add Maker’s Mark, beer, and cream soda, and stir.
5. Add a vanilla bean and serve.