Tissue Paper Garland Tutorial
We’re so delighted that Camden of Emerson Events is back with us to share the secrets of her Neon Wedding Inspiration Shoot! The neon and metallic bits tied to twine are just the right balance of color + texture. We love the idea of re-purposing these garlands into rooms of your new home! Thank you to Amanda Watson for capturing these images.
For this tutorial you will need:
-Tissue Paper (as many different colors as you wish)
-Mylar (easily found at most party supply stores as “foil tableskirts or garlands”)
1. Cut tissue paper into strips, leaving space at the top to keep together.
2. Twist paper together at the completed section at the top, careful not to fold the cuts of hanging paper.
3. Tape twist-top together and cover with jute twine, making a loop so as to string when complete.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for other tissue paper colors, and for the mylar. Mylar tableskirt or garland will first need to be cut into 6-10 inch sections before twisting.
5. String together tissue & mylar, cut sections into different lengths if desired and hang in a pretty place!
…And there you have it! Where would you hang this beauty on your wedding day?