What’s better than a makeup tutorial that will help you out not only on the most romantic day of the year, but all year-round? Photographer extraordinaire nbarrett photography sent over this makeup tutorial from Beauty and the Blush, one of the best in the wedding biz. We’ve got one sweet look and one bolder, more dramatic look, so let’s get started!
Valentine’s Look #1: Sweetheart
Makeup Essentials #1
1. Moisturizer: Clinique Moisture Surge
2. Cream Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid
3. Primer: MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance
4. Flat foundation brush
5. Concealer: Hard Candy Glamoflauge
1.Start by moisturizing fresh clean skin with a light-weight, oil-free, gel-based moisturizer like Moisture Surge by Clinque.
2. Using your fingers, apply a small pump of MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance primer all over the face, including eyelids.
3. With a flat foundation brush, apply a full coverage cream foundation, like MAC Studio Fix Fluid for a pretty, glowing complexion.
4. Using a smaller foundation brush, apply a concealer, like Hard Candy Glamoflauge, that is two shades lighter than your foundation to conceal and brighten the under eye area. Push the concealer all the way up against the bottom lash line, from the outer corner of the eye, down to a point under the eye and back up to the inner corner of the eye, creating a triangle. Use your finger to gently pat the product in place and blend.
5. With a medium-sized blush brush, use a brightly colored cream blush like Revlon Photo Ready in a swirling motion on the apples of the cheeks, blending upward toward the temple.
6. For longer lasting results, set the face using a large powder brush with a lightweight finishing powder like MAC Mineralize Skinfinish.
Makeup Essentials #2
1. Cream Eyeshadow: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Golden Pink
2. Mascara: PUR Big Blink in black
3. Matte Lip Stain: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive
4. Lip Liner: Palladio Herbal Lip Liner in Raspberry
5. Cream Blush: Revlon Photo Ready Cream Blush in Flushed
1. Select a light, rose-gold, shimmer cream shadow, like Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Golden Pink and apply it directly to the eyelid from lash line to crease. Use your finger to blend if necessary.
2. Apply one coat of glossy black mascara like PUR Big Blink in black, for long, defined lashes.
1. Choose a rosey, matte lipcolor, such as Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive, for a soft but playfully feminine finish.
Valentine’s Look #2: Vixen
1. Follow “Face” steps number one through five above, adding a hint of bronzer under the cheekbones for a more sculpted look.
2. With your fingers, apply a dab of liquid, light-reflecting highlighter, such as Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights Face Illuminator just above the cheekbones for a natural glow.
Makeup Essentials #3
1. Brow Enhancer: Makeup Forever Aqua Brow
2. Lipstick: MAC Satin Lipstick in Myth
3. Lip Gloss: NYX Aqua Luxe Lipgloss in Beat Goes On
4. Eyeshadow: MAC Luster Shadow in Coppery
5. Mascara: NYX Faux Lashes in Black
6. Eye Liner: NYX Long Pencil Liner in Black
1. Select a bold, vibrant powder shadow, such as MAC Luster Shadow in Coppery, and swipe it over the eyelid using a medium sized shadow brush, from lash line to just above the crease, blending outwards toward the corner of the eye.
2. Using a stiff, flat shadow brush, take the same colored shadow and push it right along the bottom lash line, connecting the color in the outer corner with the top shadow. Smudge just underneath the bottom lash line with your finger to blend.
3. With a black eye pencil, line the top lash line. For a darker, more dramatic line, warm up the pencil by swiping it on the top of your hand first.
4. Apply 2-3 coats of volumizing black mascara, like NYX Faux Lashes to the top and bottom lashes.
5. Using a thin brush, apply a tiny bit of brow tint (such as Makeup Forever Aqua Brow) to the eyebrows, filling in any holes, and brush them out with an eyebrow spool for defined but natural brows.
1. Line the lips with a muted, natural cream pencil lip liner.
2. Using a lip brush, fill in the lips with a pink-based nude satin lipstick, like MAC Satin Lipstick in Myth.
3. Finish off with a swipe of nude shimmer lipgloss such as NYX Aqua Luxe Lipgloss in Beat Goes On, right in the center of the bottom lip. Press your lips together to spread the gloss.
Photographer: nbarrett photography / Event Styling: Naomi Pak Wedding and Events / Floral Design: The Southern Table / Makeup: Beauty and the Blush / Dresses: Urban Outfitters / Model: Audrey Deford