Recycle Your Wedding FAQ
How does it work?
Recycle Your Wedding is a free classifieds for used wedding items. If you’re selling, buyers will contact you via the contact seller button (for example). As soon as both seller and buyer are ready to proceed, payment can be handled in two ways. If you’re meeting your buyer at a public space, payment is made on pick up. If you’re selling the item online, you will need to send the buyer a money request via either Paypal or Escrow. After you receive payment, you’re ready to ship.
What to do once I have a serious buyer?
Clarify whether buyer wants to pay for insurance and what kind of shipping the buyer prefers. Once you know how much shipping will cost, request payment for the total amount via Escrow.com or Paypal. We recommend shipping only once payment has been cleared. Make sure to ship your items with delivery confirmation.
How do I make sure my item arrives?
Ask the seller to ship with delivery confirmation and invest on paying for insurance. Ask how the seller will package the item for you, and have a mutual agreement that the item you’re buying will be properly packaged. It’s rare that we hear of a broken glass story, but when we do, it could have been avoided if the item was properly packaged with insurance paid for. We do not manage any transaction in Recycle Your Wedding. We recommend keeping records of your emails with buyers, and that payment is sent using Paypal or Escrow. Both companies work with dispute resolution.
How do I edit my listing?
Go to Recycle Your Wedding and click on Edit Item. To edit your listing, you will need to enter the email address you used and your access key, which is sent in your confirmation email. Once you log in, you can also add more images.
How do I deactivate my listings?
Go to Recycle Your Wedding, log in and click on My Listings. To mark your listings as sold, click “Deactivate”. This will disable the contact seller button and place a sold banner over your listing.
Can I sell my used wedding items if I am from another country?
Recycle Your Wedding is open to everyone worldwide!
Why are Wanted items listing for $1?
The form to create listings require a price field. The $1 is just a placeholder – price will depend on what the buyer is looking to pay.
I am trying to contact a seller without luck.
Unfortunately we cannot control how responsive sellers are. We do not handle communication between sellers and buyers, but we do recommend waiting a few days. Read our Buyer tips below to help attract seller’s attention.
Tips for Buyers
- ask for an estimated shipping time if transaction is online
- have a Paypal or Escrow account ready if transaction is online
- ask to add insurance when the seller ships the item to you. It’s worth the extra money, especially if you’re buying fragile items.
- demonstrate you have a serious interest in purchasing the items right off the bat. We recommend adding your phone number in your message to prove you’re a legitimate person
- if purchasing in person, make sure to meet at a public space and have the exact amount ready
Tips for Sellers
- include everything someone could possibly ask you about the item for sale! Crystal clear listings = quick sell
- upload as many images as possible
- upload clear images, from both wedding day and items alone
- take photos under different lighting if possible to demonstrate any possible color variation
- list measurements, mentions of any flaws, scratches, rips or stains if any
- clarify if price includes shipping, and if not, please mention shipping in description
- describe what you used the item for; it gives buyers an idea of its potential for their own wedding
- all listings submitted for approval may go live within 48 hours if approved. Please note that due to the high volume of listings submitted every day, it may take a few days to review them.
- If you tried uploading images and they didn’t go through, please check the image file size. We accept up to 2MB per image.
- never give out personal information such as home address, phone numbers or credit card numbers.
- never wire funds via Western Union, Moneygram or any other wire service – anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer. Fake cashier checks and Money Orders are common, and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.
- Ruffled is not involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer “buyer protection” or “seller certification”. We are not able to control who is viewing the listings. Avoid deals involving shipping or escrow services and know that only a scammer will guarantee your transaction. The web really is world wide!
- often times scammers are distant buyers. Beware if someone is offering you more money than what you’re asking for.
If your listing is still pending, it could be due to the following:
- we have not reviewed your listing yet
- your listing does not have at least one clear photo of the item, please upload images
- your listing contains collages instead of full images, please upload new images
- your listing may contain unclear images of the item (blurry, too far away, too dark, unclear photo of the item packaged, etc), please upload new images
- your listings are using the same image for every listing, please upload new images
- your listing has images, but it lacks a full shot of the item for sale
- your listing has images, but it needs a photo for each item being sold (if you’re selling 3 wooden signs, we need a photo of each)
If your listing was not accepted, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- images are unclear, blurry, distorted or pixelated
- images do not clearly represent what is being listed for sale
- images are too dark
- listing is deemed to be from a shop seller as a means of business. Examples include, but not limited to: custom orders, wedding invitations, tablecloths, wedding favors etc
- listing is deemed to be counterfeit or image is deemed to not be the actual representation of the item
- listing is of sleepwear, socks or undergarments
- listing is not wedding related, such as large pieces of furniture, bachelorette costumes, kids’ toys, non-bridal fashion, disposable kitchen utensils and paper napkins
- we do not accept engagement and wedding ring listings
- listings with collages, screenshots or other distracting elements over the item for sale
- listing does not match our audience’s aesthetic. Examples include items that aren’t on demand or current such as wedding dresses that are older than 5 years with the exception of certain vintage styles (20+ years old).
View some examples of listings that were not approved. Please note that due to volume of inquiries, we many not be able to reply to emails regarding why a listing was removed.
Due to volume of listings submitted everyday, unfortunately we cannot accept them all. We reserve the right to approve and decline listings at our own discretion. Generally, we give priority to listings of items that are current, on demand and/or on trend. Listings with unclear images, blurry, pixelated, collages or distorted images will remain as pending for 30 days until users reupload fresh images. Listings without images will remain as pending until images have been uploaded. Listings that haven’t been updated with an image in over 30 days may be deleted. Please note that we do not accept undergarment listings with the exception of crinolines.
We want to hear from you! Your feedback is key to continue to improve the Recycle Your Wedding. Please include what browser you used and screenshots if possible!
For any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your listing url and listing id.