Nothing beats a sophisticated color palette mixed with texture with a nod to Mother Nature. When Esther of Esther Sun Photography told us she and a group of California pros gathered for an inspiration shoot to celebrate Earth Day, we knew it was going to be something beautiful. As an added bonus, Sara Holland of At Your Door Events, is here to share with us 5 Eco-Chic wedding planning tips:
1. Location: Reduce your carbon footprint by selecting a venue with an on-sight ceremony space. Not only isn’t good for the Earth, but it saves you on the cost of hiring transportation for you and the wedding party!
2. Invitations: Select an Earth friendly recycled paper or plantable paper. Plantable papers have tiny little flower seeds embedded in the paper fibers, guests can plant the paper in the ground and flowers will grow!
3. Rings: Select environmentally conscious metals. Ask your jeweler about rings made of recycled metals. OR — collect jewelry from family and have it melted down and crafted into your own personal ring design.
4. Bridal Gown: Consider using vintage or taking your mothers wedding dress and having a tailor transform it into something unique for you!
5. Floral: Cut flowers are not green. Considering centerpieces such as terrariums! These are living, breathing eco-system contained in a glass jar. As a grouping on a table they make a glamorously green center piece AND a wonderful keepsake for guests. For your bridal bouquet, add succulents. The stems of succulents are actually root systems. After your wedding, you can take the succulents and plant them. The succulent will thrive and you will be able to keep a living memento of your wedding day!
Wedding Vendors (Long Beach, CA):
Venue Location and Paper Goods: Paper Crew / Wedding Photographer: Esther Sun / Wedding Planner: Sara Holland of At Your Door Events / Wardrobe Styling: La Femme Vintage / Makeup: Rose Park / Furniture: Urban Cottage / Wedding Caterer: Seafood World Restaurant / Desserts: Sweets by Annie / Videographer: Lovebirds Film / Models: Minta Allred, Lorraine Caguin, and Lauren Jensen