DIY Wedding Favor Tote Bags
My favorite thing about the approach of spring and summer? The return of the farmer’s market, with all of its fresh fruit, vegetables, and flower vendors. When we received this DIY Contest Entry from Melanie Blodgett of You Are My Fave, our hearts immediately fluttered. We love the idea of grabbing all of our favorite vegetables, warm cookies, and crisp baguettes to take home in this most adorable (and reusable!) tote bag!
- 1/2 yard of canvas fabric (I actually used a dish towel from Crate and Barrel)
- sewing machine
- 1 inch cotton webbing (for the handles)
- fillers for the totes: bread, fresh produce, flowers, cookies, pies
1. Cut two pieces of fabric at about 15″ tall and 14″ wide. Fold down the top edge 1/2″ and pin. Stitch across to secure.
2. Cut the cotton webbing into 21 inch long pieces.
3. Pin both ends of the cotton webbing to the back side of the fabric piece, along the folded down edge, about 3 inches from each side. Stitch to secure. Do this for both pieces of cotton webbing onto both pieces of fabric.
4. Pin the panels right sides together and sew around the edges and bottom.
5. Turn right side out and you’re done!
Hang totes near the fillers for an easy grab and stuff for your guests!