DIY Wedding Favor Tin Can Plants
Today’s DIY contest entry comes from Melanie Blodgett of You Are My Fave. We love the idea of incorporating plants as your wedding favor, whether it’s fruit (seen here), herbs, or even flowers!
Reminder: Our DIY Favor Contest is still open to submissions! Submit any and all wedding favor ideas by April 3rd.
- sheet metal or a piece of wood painted with magnetic primer
- empty tin cans, label removed
- stamp (or just pretty handwriting)
- strong magnets
- strawberry plants and soil (herbs, wheat grass, moss or flowers would work well too)
- mini flag (made with a skewer and ribbon)
1. Paint the piece of wood with two coats of the magnetic primer and let dry.
2. Remove labels from tin cans and wash thoroughly and let dry.
3. Stamp the tags and attach to the tin cans by knotting a piece of twine.
4. Fill the can with soil and top with the strawberry plants. Stick the end of the skewer into the soil with the flag hanging over top.
5. Attach two magnets to the back of the can and display in rows on the magnetized board for your guests to grab on the way out.