I’ll admit, I’m totally guilty of picking through coolers and trying to find a Share a Coke bottle with my name on it. ShareaCoke.com upped the ante by increasing the variety of names by 4x + letting you customize the iconic glass bottle on their site with any name. To celebrate, we’ve got a humongous giveaway you can enter to win. The giveaway package includes two round-trip flights on United Airlines to anywhere in the continental U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America or Hawaii plus a $500 Visa gift card, a total of a $1700 value. Read on for how to enter at the bottom of this post!
Today’s DIY takes the idea of personalized Cokes and puts a wedding twist on them, using the bottles as centerpieces for a sweetheart table at the reception — so cute!
For this project, you will need:
-fine grain glitter
-healing gel mat or cardboard
1. Print an ampersand in the desired font, to about 5″ in height on normal computer print paper.
2. Tape printed ampersand with masking tape flat to foam core.
3. Place foam core on a healing gel mat or a piece of cardboard, to protect the surface you’re cutting on.
4. Use x-acto knife to cut around ampersand – when cutting foam core, don’t try to cut through the first time you slice into it, but trace the ampersand once lightly and return to cut fully through.
5. Mix 1 part glitter to 1 part mod podge in an empty container. Brush mixture onto ampersand, covering the top and sides. Then sprinkle with more glitter. Set aside to dry. Once dry return and do the other side of ampersand.
6. Using the same mod podge mixture, brush mixture on bottom half of a Share a Coke bottle. Cover the bottle fully around, and gently brush along edge of label. Sprinkle more glitter over mixture. After setting aside to dry, gently tap bottle to shake off and remove excess glitter. If any glitter dust sticks to the label or other areas of the bottle, this can simply be wiped off with a paper towel.
7. Set ampersand between two glittered Share a Coke bottles and fill bottles with flowers for a built in special centerpiece detail and vase!
To enter #ShareaCoke giveaway for a chance to win, here’s what you need to do:
- Follow @ruffledblog on Instagram and tag a friend who you’d share the prizes with – two round trip flights to anywhere in the continental U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America or Hawaii plus a $500 Visa gift card!
- Use #ShareaCoke in your tags
- One comment with a tagged friend + #ShareaCoke hashtag = one valid entry
- Participants can tag as many different friends as they’d like to increase chances of winning
Winner will be chosen at random and announced on our Instagram page on August 1, 2015. Good luck, guys!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
Open to entrants over 18 years of age.
Open to US residents only.
Winner will need to provide USA valid resident address (no PO boxes) and full name.
Winner is responsible for tax declarations and payments.
Instagram is in NO way sponsoring nor affiliated with this contest.
The prize for the contest was provided by The Coca-Cola Company. However, The Coca-Cola Company is not a sponsor, administrator or connected in any other way with the running of the contest promotion.