DIY Paper Wisteria Backdrop
If I had looked at the final shot and didn’t know that a how-to instructions list would follow, I wouldn’t have believed it could possibly be a DIY. I mean, just take a looksie below. This jaw-dropping DIY paper wisteria backdrop created by Kathryn Godwin for Ruffled, shot by Emily Chidester Photography, is one for the books folks. Make double sure to bookmark it for your wedding, for your friend’s nursery, and for your entry foyer (how amazing would this be behind a lucite console?) while you’re at it too. Beautiful flowers by Nectar at the Separk Mansion.
- crepe paper streamers
- jewelry or floral wire (22 or 24ga)
- wire cutters
- tree branch
1. Cut streamers to various lengths of 10-16 inches.
2. Use thumbs to shape and twist little pods, like in some candy wrappers
3. Pinch the twist between both thumbs to lock into shape.
4. Cut wire to about 5 inch length.
5. Bundle 3-4 pod strands together, twist wire tight.
6. Twist wire around branches.