With 4th of July barbecues and parties galore to host and attend this weekend, Anniemade (who shared the famous Aisle File gift), has prepared these DIY Instagram Stirrers that are just perfect timing for the summer holiday weekend. These are super fun to do for a wedding too. You get to see what your guests captured while you wait for your professional photos – and even make an Instagram album. This is a DIY conversation starter, and it costs pennies to make.
– Coffee stirrers
– 4×6″ Printed Photos or 4×6″ Photo Paper
– A selection of your favorite Instagram photos of you and your spouse-to-be
– Ruffled Template for Stirrers (download here)
– Microsoft Word or a creative program like Adobe Illustrator
1. Using your favorite Instagram photos and a computer software program like Microsoft Word or Adobe Illustrator, populate our template with your photos which will direct you to size them down to 1.25×1.25″ to fit perfectly in the square provided.
To the right of each photo, customize the square to the right of the photo with your own text for “Share your pics on Instagram,” your personal wedding hashtag, and your wedding color scheme. This square is also 1.25″ x 1.25″ and the entire template for each stirrer is 3″ across x 1.25″ sized to fit on a 4×6 photograph.
Great custom wedding hashtags include using your combined names and many other creative combinations: #emmatomwedding, #jonesbigday or #5-25-13
2. Printing the stirrers: have your file printed as a 4×6 photograph at your local photo printing store or easily print on your home printer with 4×6 photo paper. Make sure to order as many copies as you’ll need drink stirrers, knowing one photograph will yield four stirrers.
3. Preparing and cutting the stirrers: use a scissors or x-acto knife to cut each rectangle out completely, keeping the Instagram square and the text square connected.
4. Assembly: on a clean surface, get your glue and coffee stirrer ready for Assembly. Turn your printed rectangle over, with the backside of the photo paper facing up. Fold inward, matching the corners and pressing to create a clean fold.
Unfold and carefully add glue to the square laying flat on your work surface. First, place the stirrer in the middle of the square, making sure the stirrer covers at least half of the square. Apply a bit of glue to the other square and then press on top of the stirrer.
Make sure to press down cleanly and with pressure, smoothing any air bubbles and ensuring glue is adhering your little photo sandwich.Allow to dry for at least one day before using.
Ready for cocktails!
Serve to your guests at your cocktail bar in mason jars or other creative containers, or encourage your bartender to add one to each drink.
Cocktail recipe pictured:
1 part Pomegranate-Limeade
2 parts Sparkling Water (Club Soda, Perrier)
1 part Vodka
Handful of ice
Pour pomegranate-limeade over ice, then add remaining ingredients. Serve with lime slice and stir together with your drink stirrer for maximum deliciousness. Enjoy!