We hope you enjoyed the beautiful modern safari wedding inspiration from Megan Saul Photography and Jayne Weddings earlier today, as we’re super excited to have them back with us to share exactly how they made the DIY Geometric Paper Backdrop seen behind the wedding cake! You might remember Amanda’s baby shower origami backdrop, so here are instructions that are super easy to follow! A special shout-out goes to Taya Lyskanycz with Jayne Weddings for creating this show-stopper of a display.
For this project, you will need:
-Stapler or Double Sided Tape
-12×12 Square card stock paper
-Foam Core in the size of your backdrop
-Gold Spray paint
1. Start by taking the paper and folding it in half. Crease with bone folder. Then fold it in half again, crease with bone folder. You should now have a smaller, thicker square.
2. Take that square and fold it in half diagonally. Crease very hard with bone folder to get a nice seam, then unfold back to the smaller square stage.
3. Fold it half diagonally the other direction. Reopen to smaller square. You should now have a small thick square with an X shape fold lines.
4. Pick one triangle of the X to cut out. Leave a small section of this to use to tape or staple together. Once cut out, hold the edges and push together so the rest of the shape pops up and becomes 3D. Tape or staple together. We used tape, as it’s easier, but if you are making this for more then a few weeks ahead of time, I would use a stapler.
5. Once the 3D triangle is together, push straight pins into the corners of the triangle. Then place on foam core and push pins thru. Flip board over and bend the pins back against the board, so they don’t murder anyone during installation.
6. Then spray paint any color you want! You could also use colored paper to create something super exciting!