DIY Chalkboard Sign Ideas
The ladies of HEYLOOK are back with a simple + cost effective DIY for a seating chart that later at your reception can double as photobooth prop! I thought it was a perfect project to share today as this wedding shot by Shari + Mike Photographers has a brilliant seating chart idea. Below we’ll be using chalk paint and mini envelopes, but you can use a deck of cards instead like they did. Paint chips would pop against the dark frame as well.
You can use a chalkboard in many, many different ways – and bring it home with you after the wedding. Here, Michaela is going to show you how you can use this project in three different ways.
What you will need:
- pin board (they used this one from Ikea for $6) or old frame found at thrift stores
- chalkboard paint, brush, and masking tape
- envelopes + cards or a deck of cards like from today’s wedding
- pins and chalk
1. The board being used as a seating chart:
2. Here Michaela is using the same board as a guest book idea. Use one board to explain guests how it works, and a few more for them to pin envelopes with their well wishes:
Simply paint over the cork board, just enough to cover the spots from the cork texture. Painting cork with chalkboard paint is what is going to give you the flexibility to both write directly on the board + pin cards!