DIY Aztec Plates
There are tons of reasons why we love this next DIY from Candice of Your Cloud Parade, but the main reason has to be how versatile they are. We just adore the Aztec printed pattern used here, it’s the perfect nod to Mexican inspired patterns for Cinco de Mayo this weekend! We’re equally fond of Candice’s idea of using engagement photos to display for a shower or the rehearsal dinner. Such a cute idea, don’t you think?
For this project you will need:
-clear plates (sold at target)
1. Print out designs that you love online or purchase cute paper/wrapping paper.
2. Take plate and trace the edge around the plate on the paper.
3. When you start to cut, cut an inch away from the traced circle.
4. Cut slits in paper, so it can bend around plate easily.
5. Use glue gun to attach paper.
6. Cut off any extra paper.
Note: These plates are for one time use only since they won’t be dishwasher safe. It’s a fun way to add individuality to your event. You can print out your engagement photos or any type of design that fits best for your wedding. Since this worked well with paper, you could even swap it out for fabrics and use decoupage.